Here is a list of resources you may find helpful. If you know of a resource that is missing from this list, please email us at email@example.com
Other places you can find our patches:
- Center for Ocular Prosthetics- Portland, OR
- Erickson Labs NW- Kirkland, Washington
- Hetzler Ocular Prosthetics- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Medical Art Prosthetics- Madison, Wisconson
- Oculoplastic Associates of Texas- Dallas, Texas
- Sight Connection- Seattle, Washington
- Webb Ocular Prosthetics- Toronto, Ontario
- Lost Eye: This website has a community forum filled with amazing people who all know what it’s like to live with monocular vision. They are always offering support and advice to anyone who needs it.
- Facebook Groups: Monocular Support Group, Lost Eye Group, Conjunctival Melanoma Support, Ocular Melanoma Support, Ocular Melanoma Mets, Ocular Melanoma Friends and Family , Ocular Melanoma Support for Spouses, Significant Others, and Caregivers,
- Imerman Angels: One-on-one cancer support/mentorship for patients and caregivers
- Cancer Survivors Network
- MyLifeline.org: Social network for posting updates on cancer treatment progress and for rallying support
Community Support Services:
- EyeCare America: Free eye exams for qualifying seniors.
- Ocular Melanoma Foundation TAG Program: Travel Assistance Grant- Financial help for treatment related travel costs.
- Ocular Melanoma Foundation PAP Program: Prosthetic Assistance Grant- Financial help for getting an ocular prosthesis
- Portland, Oregon
- Share Sight initiative by Spectacle: A program that helps someone in the community with a free eye exam and pair of glasses. Click the link to nominate someone in need.
- The Therapy Directory: Nationwide (US) directory of therapists
Non-Profit and Research Organizations
- Ocular Melanoma Foundation
- A Cure in Sight– Ocular Melanoma
- Melanoma Research Foundation- CURE OM
- National Organization for Rare Disorders
- AIM at Melanoma Foundation
- Melanoma International Foundation
- National Cancer Institute
- American Cancer Society
- Cancer Care
- Book: A Singular View: The Art of Seeing with One Eye by Frank Brady
- Book: Lost Eye: Coping with Monocular Vision after Enucleation or Eye Loss from Cancer, Accident, or Disease By Jay D. Adkisson
- Book: Eye was There: A Patients Guide to Coping with the Loss of an Eye by Charles B. Slonim, MD and Amy Z. Martino, MD
- Book: Yes I Can: The Story of Sammy Davis, Jr by Sammy Davis Jr, Jane Boyar, Burt Boyar
- Book: Everyday Strength, A Cancer Patient’s Guide to Spiritual Survival by Randy Becton
- Book: The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- Book: The Eyes Have It: Writings by Individuals Touched by Ocular Melanoma by Connie Robillard
- Website: All about Vision has a page with more information about Enucleation.
- Printable Coloring Book: At the Ocularist, by Fred Harwin
- Center for Ocular Prosthetics– the prosthetics business that started it all. Owned by EyeDentity co-founder and ocularist Fred Harwin.
- Harwin Studios– the art business that started it all. Owned by EyeDentity founders Sara and Fred Harwin.
- Bootstrap Commercial Arts– They are behind all of our graphics and website design.